What is Live Baccarat?
Baccarat is a simple game with three types of bets:
- Banker bet
- Player bet
- Tie bet (standoff)
Though the game is simple, baccarat follows strict dealing rules.
Live Baccarat is played from an eight-deck shoe. All face cards and 10's have no value. Cards less than 10 are counted at face value, Aces are worth 1. The suits of the cards don't play a role in the game. Only single digit values are valid. Any count that reaches a double digit drops the left digit. 15 is counted as 5 and 25 is also counted as 5. Each hand is consisted of no more than three cards, the baccarat rules do not allow a fourth card to be dealt under any circumstances.
To start, the players bet either on Banker, Player or Tie. Both Player and Banker pay even money, but a winning Banker bet commands a 5% commission. A Tie bet pays 8:1. The goal in baccarat is to reach a point total of 9 with your hand.
The live dealer gives two cards to both the Player hand and the Banker hand; first to the Player and then the Banker. A third card may be dealt to either or both the Player and the Bank based on the following three-card-rules. It is not necessary to learn these rules to play, they are compulsory decisions and therefore automatic.
If either the Player or the Bank have a total of 8 or 9 on the first two cards no further cards are drawn. The resulting hand is called a Natural and the hand is over. If the Player's total is less than or equal to 5 the Player's hand draws a third card.
If the Player does not draw a third card, then the bank's hand stands on 6 or more and takes a third card on a total of 5 or less. If the Player does take a third card then the Bank's third-card-rule below will determine if the bank takes a third card.
- If the Bank's total is 2 or less then bank draws a card, regardless of what the player's third card is.
- If the Banks total is 3 then the bank draws a third card unless the Players third card was an 8.
- If the Banks total is 4 then the bank draws a third card unless the Players third card was a 0, 1, 8, or 9.
- If the Banks total is 5 then the bank draws a third card if the Players third card was 4, 5, 6, or 7.
- If the Banks total is 6 then the bank draws a third card if the Players third card was a 6 or 7.
- If the Banks total is 7 then the bank stands.
After the dealer has followed the third card dealing rule, the hand is closest to 9 without going over is announced the winner.
- In the event of human misdeals or a technical problem of any kind, the game will be void and the original bets will be returned to players.
- In the event that you lose connectivity during the live game, any bets you have made on the table will remain in play as they would in a land based casino. You will either win or lose based on the result of the game at the time you lost connection.
Professional and systematic players are prohibited. If you are found to be a professional player your account is subject to immediate closure.